Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Franklin Pierce University, Rindge N.H

Looking out of my window I can see the light spread over the pine forests, though the sun is blocked from my view by the concrete monstrosity of the freshman dormitory, a grim soviet-era block more reminiscent of a Russian prison than any facet of an American university. Now my roommate has left I’ve shifted my bed to the window and look out at the dirty snow and the sliver of timeless pines, not a gorgeous view by any means but one that has everything I need. I’ve got my computer up and I’m typing, a must since I transferred my major to creative writing, endless half-finished stories already cluttering up my memory barely a week into the semester.

This new development means I am constantly busy, but the material it generates is enough that I can transfer my better and more interesting material straight to Student at Large on a regular basis. Coupled with the fact that I have been using my new digital SLR for more than taking pictures of drunk frat parties, this means I may actually be able to be consistent about updating the blog, though this is not the first time I’ve said that…

So, from now on Student and Large will have more varied segments. When I need to write about something I will, but fiction and creative non-fiction as well as some better shots will be integrated and I’d be grateful for any comment.

-Tom




No comments: